Old 09-14-2024, 06:32 PM   #1
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Was off work last week so went and watched Durham v. Lancashire in the County Championship. Durham won the toss opted to bowl and bowled Lancashire all out for 228. However in reply Durham were struggling at 99 for 4. Then came a 5th wicket partnership of 425 runs between David Bedingham and Colin Ackermann. I couldn't believe what I was watching, I can't ever recall seeing a partnership of this size either live or on TV. Durham finished on 573 for 9 declared.

But it looked like it would be a draw as in yet another useless experiment by the fuckwits at the ECB the kookaburra ball was being used in this round of the CC. It's abysmal to bowl with in England as after some early movement, at the beginning of an innings, the ball scuffs up and then won't swing or seam. Plus the wicket had played pretty flat so it looked like the bowlers would be struggling. However Matty Potts had different ideas and took career best figures of 9 for 68 and bowled Durham to victory and him back into contention for an England place.

A really good 4 days of CC cricket that the ECB would love to radically alter or even abolish. The win means that Durham should be safe from relegation, although mathematically that's still possible. But it's also mathematically possible for them to win the County Championship and they play leaders Surrey next week. Keeps things interesting.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (09-14-2024), ferocious (09-18-2024)