View Single Post
Old 03-31-2011, 12:28 PM   #42
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

So its India v. Sri Lanka in the final on saturday. At least the Kiwis made a better attempt against Sri Lanka in the semi than England did in the quarter final.

Then Pakistan imploded in the other semi. Tendulkhar scored an embarrassing top score of 85 and was dropped 4 times. Pakis were back to their inconsistent best and got beat as a result.

Why cant any of the teams take advantage of the optional batting power play? In this world cup when taken it usually starts a batting collapse and less runs are scored. There was a classic in the India v. Pakistan game. Afridi could have opted to take take the power play, but he did'nt and was then caught in the deep. As his game is built on big hitting why didnt he just call for the power play and reduce his chances of being caught in the deep? Fuckwit.

The final should be a good game and even though I originally tipped India to win I would much prefer Sri Lanka to as I have preferred their style of play. So that's both horses backed in a two horse race.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bigphill67 (03-31-2011), kuranda_bagman (03-31-2011)