View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 06:58 PM   #453
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
Took them 20 overs the other day to realise they were bowling the wrong length
When I was watching some of the earlier games I was unimpressed with Pakistan. Some skilled cricketers but overall as a group their unfit and the fieldings pretty mediocre. Sri Lanka same same but far worse. Losing to Pakistan was bad but to Sri Lanka was totally unacceptable.

England have gone into this World Cup playing what they like to call "No Fear" cricket. Which seems to comprise of a premeditated game plan based on smashing the ball out the ground. Which is fine when it works but is disastrous when it fails. It seems everything is preplanned and when the wheels come off theres no Plan B. Theres no adapting to playing conditions or what other teams are doing. Just smash the ball out the ground and bowl to set lengths/fields. Thing is even the weaker nations have players who can do some damage and you have to be able to restrict them, but none of that seems to be taken into account.

I think England do/did have the talent to win this World Cup, its just the way they seem to approach each game in a reckless manner. Their struggling to even qualify for the final stages now and it's all self inflicted.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (06-30-2019), kuranda_bagman (06-30-2019)