View Single Post
Old 01-13-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
woodman2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I am there July and have been for the past few years.

The number of ladies is never an issue. The attention you get from the girls in the bars when they are quiet is amazing, especially at the end of the month when they are skint.

If you plan on being a cheap Charlie you can negotiate some good deals. Last year 2 girls for 1000 Baht LT seemed to be in vogue.

The humidity you can`t do much about other than not hike anywhere during the day, get a Baht bus or moto. The nights are a tad cooler although not much less humid.

If it is an issue for you dive into an air-con bar or go-go or sit under a fan or even pop into V20. Its amazing how -16 Degrees and a shot of voddie cools you down.

Wear loose cotton clothes, not a polyester football shirt, shorts and sandals and you will be the best dressed man in town.

If the humidity is really an issue in your plans then maybe Skeggy would be a better option.

As for avoiding places, why?. Every soi and bar complex has quiet place and busy places whatever the season.

Half of the fun at any time is exploring the bars to find one that suits your taste. Just because I for instance like a certain bar doesn`t mean you will and vice versa.

Enjoy your trip. I guarantee when you get back that your main memory of the place will not be the humidity.
woodman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to woodman2 For This Useful Post:
bazzap (01-13-2008)