Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2018, 01:25 AM   #385
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fork Handles View Post

Crameri wasn't allowed inside the ground, not even as a spectator. Watched the game at home on TV.
That's how a ban is supposed to work. Smith & co should not be allowed anywhere near a cricket ground. According to the BBC website, Warner is going to Canada as well. Unbelievable!!!

I love my horse racing. Due to the money involved, it's the dodgiest "sport" of the lot. In Australia, apart from jockeys getting suspended for bad riding practices, not a week goes by without some trainer getting done for giving a horse illegal substances or others going outside of the rules. Some make the news, most don't.

James McDonald is one of the leading jockeys in Australia. He was Godolphin's main jockey. He just came back from serving an 18-month suspension. His crime? Putting $1,000 on a horse that he was riding in a race. He earns millions of dollars a year yet jeopardised that by doing a stupid thing. Money makes people do strange things. During his 18 month ban, he was not allowed to attend any race track except to ride in a few trials in the weeks leading up to his return to riding..

Ciaron Maher is a leading trainer in Melbourne. He has just returned from a 6-month ban. His crime? He did not know the true ownership of one of the horses he trained. He was lucky as all his horses and his staff were transferred to another trainer while he served his ban. Again, while he was banned, he was was not allowed near any racetrack or stables. Not even allowed to communicate with the bloke who took over the training of his horses. I doubt that happened but you get the point.

Australians love their sport but get caught cheating or breaking the rules and you are dealt with harshly. Quite right too. That's why it galls me to see Smith & Warner being allowed to play anywhere while they are supposedly banned.

Rant over
kuranda_bagman (05-28-2018)