View Single Post
Old 12-07-2010, 08:18 AM   #3
gonzo

Libertine

Shouts:

Right then, the simple bits first:

Name brand authentic clothing will be cheaper at home, Thailand is the knock-off capital so plenty of cheap fakes but the real stuff isn't overly cheap.

Same same the computer stuff, trust me, the US gets Apple products cheaper than most of the rest of the world, Thailand included. Have a look around Panthip in BKK but I doubt you'll find anything cheaper than you can get at home.

As for your itinary.....well, up to you I guess but the full moon party in Koh Phangan is probably the last place in Thailand I'd ever want to be. Dickhead gap-year students from all around the world thinking they're taking a lead role in The Beach, spewing up after a few beers, telling each other how immersed in Thai culture they are and generally being twats to a background of outdated commercial trance bollocks being played on the worst sound systems ever. Just go to the worst nightclub in your home town when they're having some kind of student night and save yourself the airfare, you'll probably see the same amount of Thais there as you will at the full moon party too if you take the barstaff out of the equation.

As for the rest of it, the different locations are all very different (although if you're going to stay around Khao San in BKK you'll meet the same walking cliches as you will on Phangan) with lots of different stuff to do. Depends what you're looking for from your trip?
foz (12-07-2010), InCider (12-07-2010), Mirkwood (12-10-2010), sabang (02-10-2011)