View Single Post
Old 02-18-2007, 08:53 PM   #18
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyblonde View Post
Just had a thought regarding possible uses.

Some sites that give free downloads for music, video files, limit the amount you can download from one IP address each day.

Usually gives you this message 'sorry you have exceeded you download limit' and this can be a pain if you want to download a series for video files etc..

So I would think using the various different proxy sites will enable you to go back to the site and continue the downloads ?
I would question that this is done by ip address and suggest that it is done by cookies instead. For example.........NTL uses proxy servers for its customers. It uses 4 proxy servers around the uk to route people through. This means that every NTL customer in an area will show up as the same ip address. If they did it by ip address it simply wound't be manageable. AOL also use the same system and I suspect a few other ISP's and that is just in the uk.

When you get the error message try clearing out your cookies I suspect it will let you carry on downloading.........unless of course you have an account that you log in on and then it will be done by account?
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jonny For This Useful Post:
butterflyblonde (02-19-2007)