View Single Post
Old 03-20-2010, 01:23 PM   #36
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

Chatuchak Market.............

I had to go and get the owls some dead mice today.

Loads of red shirts about. Driving up and down waving flags. Army was on the bridges stopping them going up there. Looked like turning nasty.

Did my 2nd favorite pastime in LOS. Walked round pet market.

What did we see for sale?

3 baby owls. Spotted owlets. I wanted one. Saw the mum. Looks like Barn owl. Big and white. Was mulling it over walking round. To buy or not to buy?

Saw another 2 of those Fairy Bluebirds for sale. They really are lovely. Trouble is they don't really do anything. Just sit in cage. They don't bite or swoop down on you at night. Bit boring.

Next had a shock. Massive great scorpions???? Who would buy those? Big black fukka's with monster claws.

Husky dogs.

Lizards.

A woodpecker.

Some type of Kingfisher.

4 Eagles. Funny story really. You know how hawks sort of sit with their mouths open all the time?

I saw this cracking baby hawk for sale. It was sitting on top of a cage with it's mouth open. Next to it was some other bird in a cage and the hawk kept stoving it in with it's open beak. Really mullering it but nobody took any notice.

Got to admit I saw how all these animals are transported. Jesus.
All just lobbed together in box on back of motorbike. Honestly, I know some say I shouldn't have pet owls and stuff but I promise you the best thing that could ever happen to any animal there is to come and live with us.

Tortoises. I fancy one coz you can't get them in UK.
Stems from me being Blue Peter fan I think.

Loads of fish stuck in placcy bags in the sun.

Poor squirrels stuck in cages in boiling heat.

I had the chance to go to Pattaya today and knocked it back to go to market. I like it better.

Why don't you lot have a detour next trip for a day? It's mega.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
Chuck_Wao (03-20-2010), kuranda_bagman (03-21-2010)