View Single Post
Old 09-08-2012, 07:21 PM   #105
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
Thanks for that soi 2, a good read including the comments from others.
Geographically how many areas (I assume mainly in the west) would be 90% plus in favour of remaing in the Union? And, if the vote for independence was yes, would we see civil disturbances similar to those in Northern Ireland?
Thanks, just to put this article in a wider context. The author was the football agent responsible for bringing Mo Johnston to Rangers. Chat at the gym today, is he is a well known after dinner speaker at sportsman dinner events. Particularly popular with Rangers supporters clubs.

The thing is, this isn't about Rangers punishment. It's wider there's a lot going on. The independence referrendum is polarising society. Are you British or are you Scottish ? Are you both ? The national side support has been hijacked by an increasingly political Tartan Army. One of my mates is a Tartan Army diehard and here is an after match facebook post -

'Holy fuckin campaigns ruined on 1st day again! Theres absolutely no chance now (unless super rhodes is unleashed!) so lets look to a brighter, non orange, unionist-free and flourishing Scotland as an independant free state! Bring on the referendum 2014 and a fresh outlook to international fitba where we'll start fae scratch wae the worlds top goal scorer, shining in Euro 2016 with the hosts, our friends, (The Auld Alliance). Alba gu brath.'

What the fucks all that got to do with the national team ? This is why Rangers supporters are turning their back on it. It's not our team anymore.

I don't think the referendum will be for independence. I couldn't imagine Northern Ireland style trouble erupting if it went through. There isn't enough hatred !
old crust (09-08-2012), roamer (09-09-2012)