View Single Post
Old 11-10-2008, 09:28 PM   #1
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default My firefox browser has started crashing when I watch youtube... advice please !

I use the Mozilla Firefox browser and it has recently started to crash when I am watching youtube clips. Typically I can view or search for 2 or 3 videos then I get the message - Firefox is not responding, then Firefox has stopped working and it shuts down.

I had a bit of a rush of blood to the head the other day and I downloaded from this site... a tool called greasemonkey.

http://www.randomboo.com/CheatFacebooksMobWarsGame.html

Then downloaded a cheat for a Mob Wars game from a site linked on that page. The problem with youtube started immediately making me think that this was related. So I removed the greasemonkey programme. By going to - Tools, Add ons, Uninstall. However this has not rectified the problem. I have run Windows Defender and Norton 360 and no malicious software has been found. I think that some sort of glitch with the greasemonkey/ mob wars cheat programme has caused this.

My question is....

Have I actually removed the greasemonkey programme by following the steps I did from my computer ?

If I have removed greasemonkey does that mean the other download that worked with it (mob wars cheat) has gone too, or do I need to delete that seperately (I can't see it). I asked this question on a forum where I got the download from and the advice was to delete the script for the cheat first through a greasemonkey control planel. As I've deleted greasemonkey that option has gone.

Anyway I'd be very grateful for advice as to the best course of action to take.