View Single Post
Old 02-16-2007, 08:45 PM   #1
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny
Default board hosting problems......

As a result of the board being bigger and having more members/posts than we anticipated it seems we have outgrown our current hosting package. The server we are running off can not give us the capacity we need and we are constantly crashing the sql server and the board runs slow as a consequence. As a result of this we are moving to our own server. As we move we will have some downtime. I am hoping to be moving the database and board over the weekend sometime. I will try and do it as quickly as I can but it probably will take me a few hours. I can either leave the board up at the same time as I transfer it over or I can put it offline. If I leave it up any posts made in the transfer peiod will be lost when we transfer.

Either way the transfer will fix all the poblems we have had over the past 2 weeks and the board will be back and quick as ever and the extra capacity we will get with the move means the board can go forward and grow without having any downtime. We also will be able to accomodate the large numbers of users that we have been getting online at any one time.

I will keep you posted in this thread as the transfer happens!

jonny
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote