View Single Post
Old 07-12-2007, 06:29 PM   #1
torrenova

Babysitter

Shouts:

Default My drive to Bangkok and back

Went to bangers today to pick up a pushchair, car seat and all the associated crap for the baby.

Expecting a bad trip, I had one 2 weeks ago to Swampypoon, I was amazed to get into Bangkok in less than 2 hours. I was even more amazed to not even need a map to get to Sukhumvit (I wanted Ploenchit) and mentally thanked all those taxi drivers who had taken me to that area from good old Don Muang over the years. Follow Din Daeng, then Din Daeng etc. then Suk, off round the back of Bumingexpensiveograd, up Soi 3 and Straight to NEP. No, not today !

So I was not expecting plod to stop me and mumble something about äbout Bt500 fine". I said bugger off in my best Thai and showed him my license. I then told him that my miss was anbout to give birth and I needed to get back to her promto. No, he wanted me in the glorified portaloo that is on the edge of Suk / Expressway. Kept mumbling about maybe ticket then babbling about Bt500 then all in Thai. I took my license back and fucked off back to the truck. He just remained in the cabin. I had declined to give him Bt500 and was ready to call 1155 (tourist police) but didn't know if that worked in Bangers. Anyway, off I went.

Sorted everything out, then went to get back on the expressway. Fucked that up a little but was heading in the right direction in no time.

Joy phoned and said she was not feeling good so I thought now is time to see what this baby of a 3.0L turbo can do. Pulling 140 and I'm doing just over 2200 revs. Seems like loads in reserve. 160, 170 and still on 3000 with red line at 4250/4500. Had to back off then.

Got back in less than 90 minutes from Suk !!!!!

Averaged a great near 13km/ltr on the way there and about 10.5/11 on the way back at warp speed.

Interesting day out.
torrenova is offline   Reply With Quote