View Single Post
Old 09-13-2014, 07:15 PM   #94
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
This referendum is about power, and when we get a 'Yes' majority we will use that power for a day of reckoning with BP and the banks.
I thought BP's Head Office was in London. How could an Independant Scottish Government nationalise a Company that would not have to comply with any laws they introduce.

As for the Banks. Do they not mean "Bank" as in Clydesdale? Perhaps the Clydesdale will remain in Scotland. I cant see any other Banks being located there.

I cant believe anyone would be taken in by this bullshit. Threaten Companies/Banks now and they have until 2016 to pull out of Scotland.

The stockmarket has already got the jitters. A Yes Vote next week will create uncertainty, a thing the markets despise, and it will start a massive sell-off of all things Scotland linked.

On a brighter note Weatherspoons CEO was optimistic, on BBC Breakfast, if there is a Yes Vote. So there will still be somewhere to go and get pissed.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
ferocious (09-14-2014), gonzo (09-14-2014), old crust (09-13-2014), roamer (09-14-2014), simie (09-13-2014)