View Single Post
Old 04-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #30
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

Both Mirky and Fearules (and others)have made very good points/statements.
Most on this board know of mine and Tams history, to those that dont, weve been married 3 years known each other for 5. We have ahd a rollercoaster ride (as many marriages do thai or farang) but things are back on the up.
Since ive known her ive bumped into thais from many walks of life ,ex army, mayors(her uncle) , rice plantation workers, bargirls, etc etc. One notion that winds me up on the boards is that all thais are the same. WTF!!!! how can 60+million people be the same have the same mindset. And if its just bargirls that the notion is aimed at its still as much blanket bollocks. They all have their reasons for working in the sex industry some for money(most probably) , some to meet a rich westerner , some to feed the family and others just for that 1 in a million chance they might meet someone who they can spend the rest of their life with. YOU CANNOT DO BLANKET STATEMENTS ON A RACE/RELIGION/A PEOPLE/ A SEX its an impossible notion.

Mirkys views are from first hand experience i can respect his opinion totally and in ways i understand it ,i do get the feeling when i arrive in Pattaya that im being eyed up for a fleecing one way or another but Pattaya though geographically is Thailand , there is little of Pattaya that is Thai.

Ive met nice people in Pattaya and Uttaradit (tams home town ) but ive also met dicks.
I dont believe ALL or most thais hold falangs with contempt and distain as mirky says. Ill give you an example ,when i was in Tams village Tam an I had a big fall out i cant even remember what about. Anyway it was in full view of the village and of the 20 or so stood there including Tams family not one stood up for her, they told her she was being unreasonable and not appreciating what she had. Wait ! , whats this thais being HUMAN?. Typical everyday issues were not evaluated on my race more on the fact that she was out of order. It was all worked out in the end and a group of the village locals took me to a village bar and we drank away until 4AM talking about why our wives are bitches , the same shit an englishman would talk about down the pub. I put my hand in my pocket once the whole night to buy a crate of Leo (500baht) and that was met with a frown , as they said i was their guest and guests dont pay, my reply was that my custom is to buy you a beer too not just take. I like to think that i went away from her village and left a good impression.But the thais that keep calling you falang even though they know your name irritates the fuck out of me

Maybe ive been lucky with the whole TG relationship thing as (whether it holds any relavance or not) Tam is not from isaan. In my whole time of being married a total of maybe 30-40k baht in 3 year has gone to her family ,thats fuck all in comparison to some.I get the odd demand but never regular and i dont mind helping out when its needed as i would do that for my family.
And mirky you said something about the UK being shit?,,well i dunno why but tam cant wait to come back shes been over there on her "long holiday with jasmine" for 4 months nearly and since week 2 shes been pining to come home, cant be that bad eh?

Final synopsis yeah thais can be frustrating but alot of that is down to their way of life not due to them being thick , did you know alot of this think farangs are docile??? Have you ever watched a westerner cross 2nd rd

Last edited by BigBadSi : 04-19-2011 at 04:44 PM.
BigBadSi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to BigBadSi For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), Bilbobaggins (05-24-2011), fearules (04-19-2011), Frankie (04-19-2011), gonzo (04-19-2011), Jake (05-30-2011), Mirkwood (04-20-2011), roamer (05-24-2011)