View Single Post
Old 01-01-2009, 09:42 PM   #8
butterflyblonde

Mentally Disturbed

Shouts:

butterflyblonde is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
System restore point sounds worth looking into. Not sure what is involved but I'll google it.

System Restore
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/u...emrestore.mspx

There is one thing I can tell you for future reference.

Sometimes the signal 'drops out' due to power cuts, an easy was to solve this is by taking the power lead out the back of the broadband unit, waiting for 30 seconds, then re-connecting. This usually corrects the problem as the broadband box re-configures itself.

Or as a last resort you could try doing this same with the cable itself that contains the wire which carries the signals, rather than the power lead.

In this case it's a problem 'at their end' but worth knowing what I just said as it often corrects these common problems.

Sometimes you have to keep chewing the ears of the providers, I had problems with the cable TV side of things a few years back and had to keep on at them until they finally discovered that the main signal box that serves my surrounding area had not been set up correctly, as in the signal stength was not distributed properly to my home, which caused my TV signal to freeze and flicker.
butterflyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butterflyblonde For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (01-01-2009)