View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 02:46 PM   #20
Mirkwood

Macks 5k club

Shouts:

You gave me some diet tips fella and for sure I can help you with this smoking shit.

I was a heavy smoker for years, loved it. Used to have about 5 before I got to work. Loved the first one in the morning with a coffee. B&H were my thing.

I used to work in Amsterdam. That's what ended my smoking days. Of course I was on the weed big time. We smoked it 24/7 at work as well. In reality we probably smoked 20 fags a day plus 10 joints. It all got a bit much. My throat started burning everytime I had a fag. I had a cough then my foreman died from lung cancer.

As an aircraft painter it hit me that smoking plus breathing in shit paint is going to kill you double fast.

I'd tried giving up millions of times. Been through the old scenario of chucking out half a packet of fags and saying that's it.

One day I really wanted to give up. I'd had enough.

And just did.

Maybe it's not now but one day YOU WILL KNOW WHEN YOU WANT TO STOP. When that time comes it's easy.

Same as dieting. I tried this and that loads of times. One day my mum had a shocked look on her face and said I looked so fat she couldnt believe it.

Again, I WANTED to be thin so did it.

Have a good think. Do you really want to stop? If the answer is yes it will be a bastard but you can do it. Trouble is you will scoff your head off. That's how I got fat in the first place. Before I was like a rake.

I stopped for 5 years totally. Even got to the stage I thought smoking was dirty.

Thumbs Up bar has mucked me up. I got on those apple mint pipes and now have one in home. I have a puff quite a bit now but have it under control. It's great if you can get to this stage but it will take years. I'd never go back on the fags but always get on the blow in Amsterdam. I love being able to take it or leave it.
Mirkwood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirkwood For This Useful Post:
Frankie (09-10-2011), soi 2 (09-10-2011)