View Single Post
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 AM   #17
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodman2 View Post
Whatever aids you use in the end you just have to tough it out.
Yeah I hear what you're saying. I'm thinking of it in two stages. Stage one - stop and beat the initial cravings. Stage two - get out of the routine. Any aids would just be to get me through stage one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thebomb View Post
..i had an aim...and i had to do it ...now
Maybe I should try and set a target, like doing a 10k run or something like that to train for. That might give me an added focus to stopping smoking and help the lung function. That might be a goal. Will give it some thought.

Everyone I've spoken to who has stopped says, drinking is the hardest bit. Not smoking when drinking. That's why I never drink alcohol on long haul flights. Because I know I'd want a smoke. Oh well, cross that bridge when I come to it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
I smoked, albeit when younger, one day I realised it was stupid, and quit, but I hadn't been on them for 20 years (but hearing about Glasgee and knowing you are 37, probably 30 years for you ;o) ) I gave up on the spot.
Thanks Bill, I'll give stopping a good go. I've been smoking properly since I was 18. So that's nineteen years of heavy smoking ! You can get away with it when you're young but it's catching up with me now. I know it's time to jack it in.