View Single Post
Old 09-08-2011, 08:57 PM   #15
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Go for it Gaz, but repeating what Baggy said, don't get downhearted if you fail first time.

I smoked, albeit when younger, one day I realised it was stupid, and quit, but I hadn't been on them for 20 years (but hearing about Glasgee and knowing you are 37, probably 30 years for you ;o) ) I gave up on the spot.

My old man used to smoke 60 B&H a day, had a cancer scare, he gave up on the spot, I never, ever thought that would happen, he used to light up all the time even when feeling rough as a badgers arse.

My ex-stepfather used to smoke 80 a day, he was a hard working, fit builder, never ill, he ended up with Hodgkins Lymphona, he was rotten for a year, he gave up on the spot too.

Don't let it get to those stages mate, it's not pretty.

Remember too, it does affect others, as you have mentioned already with your family member.

There is a guy I used to work with who has just given up, he is using patches and an electronic cigarette, he swears by them.

Don't get down if one way doesn't work, try another, until you find one that suits you.

Oh yeah, and remember, giving up will allow you to extend your trip by another 2 weeks or more every year mate, everyone's a winner!

Good luck mate, I reckon you can do it
kuranda_bagman (09-12-2011), soi 2 (09-09-2011)