Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 03-28-2024, 08:52 PM   #656
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
Have you watched any of the hundred Frankie ? I've not watched 1 ball myself as it's basically written off the international game in August here in England
I'm considering getting a ticket against the West Indies at lords but only day 4 & 5 available the way we play and how bad WI are probably won't go to 4th day unless it rains £125 for a decent seat sure I read it's full refund if the game is over before your days play
It's either that or try for a one dayer or T20 against Australia in September
I tried watching The 100 (or 16.4) but can't get away with it because the teams are franchised and mean nothing to me. I couldn't give a shiny shite if the KP Crisps Sunrisers beat the Dunkin' Doughnuts All Stars as they mean fuck all to me and I couldn't care less. Totally different with County Cricket as I would like to watch say Derbyshire thrash Surrey in the CC or even T20. At least way there is history and tradition behind those sorts of games. The bits of the 100 I watched had me trying to work out in my mind which player played for which County rather than concentrate on the irrelevant manufactured franchise. Plus you've got overs being called sets and the TV screen filled with stats that are difficult to comprehend. And of course as it's the ECB's pet project all other formats have to be sidelined for it including the biggest money spinner of the lot Test cricket.

Back to the real cricket. I'm going to the Trent Bridge Test, as it's the farthest north venue, against the Windies. Got tickets for the first 2 days. Mate did the booking and managed somehow to pick up the tickets on-line by claiming to be an ECB member, or something. Normally he tries every year for either an ODI or Test and we get fuck all, or like last year Day 4 at Headingley in The Ashes but that worked out great in the end.
Frankie is online now   Reply With Quote