Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 01-23-2023, 02:09 PM   #582
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Fancy watching a game of T20? You would be in heaven at the moment.

Most days kick off with the Super Smash in New Zealand. This rolls into the Big Bash in Australia. When that finishes, the Bangladesh Premier League kicks in followed by the SA20 in South Africa and finally, the International T20 series in the UAE. A few women's games are intertwined with that lot plus on weekends, many of these leagues play double-headers.

All on tv. I can watch them all on Sky Sports, BT Sports and ESPN+ out of the USA. The FHD pictures I get from the English channels are stunning. I use an IPTV provider based in the UK and Australia. The cost is 60 pounds a year for 2 people which I share with my mate Stumpy in Chiang Mai.

Total overload as far as I am concerned but it is the way cricket has gone. It's all about the money and being a product for tv. Players play for the highest bidder. Loyalty to any team (franchise?) must be near zero. I mean who really cares who wins? Just another tin cup for the mantle piece.

Still, I get to hear the dulcet tones of David Gower again so not all bad.

I am still old school and really only follow the Tests and first-class games. The rest are meaningless to me.

Won't be long before those arseholes Warner & Smith will be gone and I can go back to watching the Australian Test team again.

Look out for Aaron Hardie when he makes the Test team. Only a matter of time. Another fast bowler allrounder. Just as good as Cameron Green and another Western Australian. He scored 174 no in last year's Sheffield Shield final and also opens the bowling for WA. Currently wowing them in the Big Bash. He also plays for Surrey. Yes, he was born in Bournemouth but I won't hold that against him.

Hopefully he and Lance Morris are wearing the Baggy Green in the near future

ferocious (01-23-2023)