View Single Post
Old 06-29-2013, 08:08 AM   #2
roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi Fork, yes read the article, interesting, doubt it will happen.

"The health ministry set up the meeting after Thailand's government asked it to address concerns about the financial burden on the country's state hospitals, which are required to provide foreigners with free medical service, Pradit said."

I`ve not heard of free medical service for foreigners, learn something new everyday

No big deal but I ( willingly and had to insist/force) paid for private hospital treatment for my GF because the state hospital was quite frankly fxxking useless.
( She`s fine and now has BUPA Premium cover provided by her employer, which happens to be a foreign firm that takes very good care of their employees)

I wonder how many ( few) Thai businesses have public liability insurance, a requirement in many countries ?

Loosely translated this means the Thai Govt ( finance ministers) are desperately trying to find ways of compensating for the near 20 % reduction in predicted GDP growth, cost of rice subsidies and extra money for the already rich Thais.

"The finance ministry cut its 2013 growth forecast yesterday to 4 percent to 5 percent, compared with a previous range of 4.8 percent to 5.8 percent"

"The baht slumped 6.1 percent this quarter, the most since the three months through September 2000, to 31.17 per dollar as of 9:11 a.m. in Bangkok"

"Overseas sales dropped 5.3 percent in May from a year earlier after increasing 2.9 percent the previous month, official data showed this week"

Source

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-0...-outflows.html

Trust me to be a cynic.

That`s my Saturday rant done with anyway.

roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
Fork Handles (06-29-2013), kuranda_bagman (06-29-2013)