Thread: B.y.o.p.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2013, 10:42 PM   #3
InCider

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Hi smitty,

First of all, I would ask yourself what you're really looking for. If you want to go to Chiang Mai for the cultural side of things then it's definitely worth a visit.

There's loads of day trips and half day trips available to see the local National Parks, Temples, arts & crafts etc. They're generally well organized and quite entertaining if that's your thing.

If you're going for the night-life then it's going to be slim pickings. I haven't been to Chiang Mai for a long time but all the reports I've seen recently say that it's a pretty dire scene following police crackdowns and a lot of places have either shut down or are a shadow of their former selves. There are beer bars still operating where you can find women for hire but I think you would be better off taking someone along - but make sure they are enthusiastic and really want to go.

Payment would have to be negotiated - what I would say that if you're taking them for a fixed period like a week or more you could get expect a discount over a daily rate but don't take it for granted.

As an aside, the following extract was posted elsewhere about the scene in Chiang Mai. It's reasonably up to date (about 6 months old) and puts things in perspective.

Quote:
Firstly, I have lived in Chiang Mai for over 25 years, and make my comments from personal observations and a wealth of experience.

Chiang Mai can be a great place to be, if you are gay or lesbian and Chiang Mai is a great place to be, if you prefer aging women. But if like me you are a Heterosexual guy and prefer women between 18-30, or willing to settle for anything even half decent, than you are going to be disappointed, as available girls are almost impossible to find in Chiang Mai. There are a very few and far girls around, but the time and effort required to discover where and the costs involved make the whole thing completely unviable.

The scarce working girl lookers fully realise that they are a rare commodity in Northern Thailand and will therefore charge well over the odds just for a bit of titillation, the pleasure of they’re company and acknowledgement that you exist.

There is lots of local money in Chiang Mai, but the local lads will always get first pop at the local girls. The girls are spoiled, and in very high demand. Short supply and high demand dictates the costs and they can afford to play harder to get. This principle is well defined in Chiang Mai.

There are hundreds of fit, young, middle aged and elderly Farang men passing through the city all the time, but they are not having sexual liaisons with local girls because these girls are simply not there as part of the adult entertainments scene. It is said that there are those who know where to find the decent girls in Chiang Mai, but are keeping this information as a closely guarded secret because they want to keep the good stuff for themselves. This is purely a myth, because there are no areas of non-publicised concealed girly establishments at any of the provinces in Chiang Mai. If there were, than the word and they’re locations would have gotten out long ago. The point is, if someone is researching where to go in Thailand and for some reason they find some information pointing them towards the direction of Chiang Mai, that I do hope they see this post, as it describes how difficult it is to get the decent ones in Chiang Mai. It is not completely impossible to obtain nice girls in Chiang Mai, but you could go through scores of women at numerous locations to find one good one and that process could prove extremely expensive and needless to say, comes with no satisfaction guarantees.

If you do strike lucky and find a place where there are a few good ones, if could still involve a lot of effort and cost a small fortune in that local before getting anything out of there. Even the guys that can speak Thai who have placed a lot of efforts into pursuing the girls later discovered that the whole thing has been a complete waste of time and money where it has resulted that the girls were lesbian or only seeking walking ATMs. Willing to be a sort of glorified girlfriend on the premise that the guy will accompany her on shopping trips for the purchase of perhaps a new computer, mobile phones and 5000 baht dresses with all the trimmings to match and that’s normally the first phase of the ploy, followed by gold and jewellery and monies for the sick buffalo and that could be even before they decide to give anything up for you, plus none of this means that these girls will remain loyal and exclusive to you.

Chiang Mai in perspective is: cooler weather, nice temples but seen one, seen them all, lots of old ex-pats on their last legs, tons of lesbians and gays, plenty of 35 something used up women and could prove a very expensive town for those that are not ready to hang up their guns, living, working or holidaying here and enjoy social.

The word is; stay South and don`t waste your time, money and efforts visiting Chiang Mai, because there is nothing to see here folks. Perhaps Chiang Mai is a glimpse into the future of Thailand as a whole, once the prim and proper brigades have completed their tasks. So as for places like Pattaya and Phuket, make the most of it while it lasts.

InCider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to InCider For This Useful Post:
bazzap (06-05-2013)