View Single Post
Old 09-03-2008, 07:26 PM   #18
old crust

Advanced Member

Shouts:

I enjoy watching the top teams on TV and I'm fascinated to see where the top league game will end up. Whether we like it or not a lot of our clubs are becoming the play things of foreigners holding folding. I wonder how long it will be before other foreigners start to poke their noses in. UEFA and FIFA will be seething with all the money coming in and I can see legal battles ahead when they attempt to restrict transfer and wage payments.

I've always had a soft spot for City, but their fans need to hound out the CEO who is suggesting that relegation from the Premier be stopped. Anyone thinking along those lines has no place in Football in my opinion.

Although the fans are of little importance in the top league now, there are still 'proper' football days to be had elsewhere. I enjoy going to my local conference league club. I can have a few pints before the game, turn up at 5 to 3 without a ticket, stand on a terrace, pronounce all of the players names when I'm slagging them off, and not have to take any shit from twats in high vis' jackets pretending to important. The good old days are still here, lets hope it stays that way.
old crust is offline   Reply With Quote