View Single Post
Old 07-29-2012, 08:15 PM   #65
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Rangers haven't been found guilty of dodging tax. The case of the Employee Benefit Trust's which HMRC was bringing to court has never been heard. When David Murray sold Rangers to Craig Whyte for £1. The case was hanging over the club. But David Murray said that his legal advisors and accountants were 'optimistic' that they would win the case. Craig Whyte has since taken Rangers into administration for not paying tax on players wages. There was the 'Big' tax case and the 'Small' tax case. The 'Big' tax case has never been heard. It was the 'Small' tax case that finished Rangers.

The EBT's were in Rangers accounts which were signed off by the SFA every year when they gave Rangers a licence to play football. So they can't say they weren't aware of them. What they are saying now though is that these are 'dual contracts' which are against their rules. But they let Rangers use them without query for years. They were never a secret in the clubs accounts.

Now the people wanting to strip Rangers of titles and honours are the football organisations themselves.

Look at John Terry for a moment. I was talking to a lawyer about him in the gym before his trial. He thought going to court was better than an FA hearing. In a criminal case in court the burden of proof was not sufficient for a conviction. Had it been an FA inquiry the same burden of proof wouldn't have been required as in a court of law. So he would have been punished.

No way are some kangaroo court of SPL/ SFA chairmen and muppets that work for their organisations like Regan fit people to judge Rangers. No chance, not without all this going to a proper court and the HMRC case being contested.
Bilbobaggins (07-30-2012), roamer (07-30-2012)