View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 06:08 AM   #17
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

OP

welcome aboard matey

apparently I'm the board's resident golfer. so if you want a game while you're there, you'll find plenty of bars and hotels run competitons and get a discount on the green fees, which can be quite exxy if you pay full rate. They'll also arrange transport for you at a nominal cost. Remember that caddies are compulsory ( and they expect--and deserve--a tip) and you'll need a cart; at some courses you can share, at some you must have a cart to yourself.
Whoever you go with can rent you some clubs. The whole day will cost around 3000--3500b.

Just bear in mind you'll be playing in 35 plus degrees.

Here's a link to help you out.
http://ipgc.org/

I usually play with the Hot Legs bar in Jomtien, but somewhere like Shenanigans will be closer to where you're staying.

I can recommend the Haven Hotel on soi 13. A few of us have stayed there over the years. They have a golf club (3 days a week) a pool, great food, is girl friendly, and the location is ideal for a first timer. The Sportsmans bar next door has English grub, football on cable and also organise days out.

A number of the guest houses on soi LK Metro have golf days. The guy from the Drunken Duck posts here occaisonally, as does Dave from Canterbury Tales on soi Lengkee.

Last edited by Fork Handles : 02-11-2011 at 08:49 AM.
Fork Handles is offline   Reply With Quote