View Single Post
Old 07-13-2011, 04:30 PM   #31
InCider

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
It's not the only reason but why would you come here if you were not getting your leg over?
I've done a couple of non-mongering trips to take advantage of the cheap shopping and cheap medical facilities amongst other things.
One trip was taken up with surgery and I've also done a brief trip for shopping and some other personal business - I'm getting the air fare for free, so it is a viable option.
Oh, one more reason......it's the only place I can practice speaking Thai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
Get real. You are here for Thai pussy the same as everybody else.
I'm here for the female company that's for sure, but I could just as easily get that in the Philippines, Cambodia or various other places. I just happen to think that Thailand is a better country than most others and a lot of Thai ways fit my character like a glove. I'd much rather spend time with polite, respectful people in Thailand than the chav culture in the UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post
Tell it as you see it mate.
If others have an alternative view to yours then fine, they can state what views they have and have a constructive discussion.
Simply bagging everything that Mirkwood says means nothing to me
Now now Bazzap, nearly all the comments on here have been constructive. Others are equally telling it as it is. Mirkwood hasn't really received any bagging that wasn't justified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterman View Post
I have travelled and lived in many big cities that make BKK look like a backwater .......I also have integrated into Thai society after 18 years but all that has gone by the board as i realise its futile , as much as i like Thais and Thailand reality is i see it for what it is and its very flawed .thats why i now only want to spend 4 months a year in the country and the rest either working/travelling or in europe which for all its faults has real culture , no where is perfect .
The big difference is that you and Mirkwood work here (or have worked here) which is a different scenario to being here for mongering or for retirement. There's a lot of truth in the old saying that Thailand is a great place to live but not a great place to work. Mirkwood is just going though a love-hate phase which is typical amongst working ex-pats. Take a look at the Ajarn board - there's hundreds of similar examples - they usually end up going home and then returning to Thailand when they realise the grass is not greener on the other side. I think you're on a downer now that you realise your in-laws are a load of trash.
InCider is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to InCider For This Useful Post:
Mirkwood (07-14-2011), roamer (07-14-2011)