Old 08-08-2007, 05:54 AM   #2
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by igot2see View Post
Hello folks,

I 1st timer to Thailand after reading all those wonderful post
Hello igot2see welcome to the board. If you could point out which post here was wonderful that would be great because all of us have been looking for just a decent one since this place opened.

I'll take a shot at your situation and hopefully some others will chip in and fix up the mistakes here.

It sounds like you will be going from the airport to a hotel in Bangkok for a night or two first before leaving for Pattaya, and if that's so, right outside in front of the airport is a booth where you can arrange to get a taxi to a hotel. You want to probably be around Soi 4 and Sukhumvit if this is your first visit. Not sure if the Nana Hotel on Soi 4 is a 3 star hotel but it is right in the middle of some nightlife. Nana Entertainment Plaza is across the street from the hotel with a lot of bars and Go-Go's. Nana Hotel also has a disco with lots of freelancers in it plus the Nana parking lot is filled with freelancers when the Go-Go's shut down. Sex is available 24 hours a day but most people go out on the chase like everywhere, when the sun starts going down. During the afternoons there is always the massage parlors.

Across the street from the Nana is another hotel named the Dynasty Inn. There are other hotel choices around the same price as these two within short walking distance. Dynasty used to give free transportation for people staying there who were going to their Pattaya hotel but I don't know if they still do that.

The hotels can get you from their hotel in Bangkok to Pattaya but it will be a bit more expensive that way. There is a bus option that is the cheapest way to get from Bangkok to Pattaya but if this is your first time I wouldn't suggest to you the bus. It's not a big deal but on a first trip it may be a little stressful running around with your luggage and dealing with a bus. Maybe when you are in Bangkok you can ask some of the other punters a easy way to get to Pattaya. If you got lucky someone else could be heading there so you could share the cost. Have a great trip.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote