Thread: Tablet question
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2015, 03:01 AM   #8
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

I remember years ago when Andy Pen mentioned his missus had one of the first Samsung 7" tablets. That tweaked my interest. When Reg showed me his Ipad and what it could do in the resto at the Pacific Breeze, I knew I had to get one.

I am not an Apple person, so about 3 1/2 years ago,I bought an Acer 10" tablet simply coz it was Android, had wifi, a sim card slot and a real USB port. It was Ok and I still have it.

However it was made near redundant once I bought my Samsung Note 2 which does everything I need in a portable mobile device and with its 5 1/2" screen, I can see everything easily. My later model Samsung A7 phone is even better. Lighter faster, better camera and 4G. Use them both for just about everything. Like every one these days, these smart phones have become a near necessity to me.

None of the above can replace my laptops though. Larger screen, larger hard drives where I can store all my photos and it has a mouse!! And best of all it has the right software. Word, Excel, internet browsers, photo editing and many others. Yes they can be done on a tablet but a laptop is far easier to me.

Right now I am typing this on my old Dell 11" laptop with its 512meg ram, 30g hard drive and Windows 7 OS. Works like a charm though the keys are getting a bit sticky. Might upgrade it soon to its modern equivalent.

For me, the perfect combo is my desktop computer at home with large screen and printer/scanner, my laptop for traveling around and my smartphones for everyday mobile use. I have one of each in Australia & Thailand so carry next to nothing now when traveling between both countries.

I will still keep my tablet as it is worth next to nothing now. Will take it back to Pattaya with me. Still handy to have around to use for browsing the net around home. Will set it up next to my desktop with the VPN and watch my Australian horse racing on it. I tested it here in Oz for that and it works perfectly.

Sorry Paul as I know I have not been much help regarding your initial enquiry. Only relating my experiences.

roamer (08-09-2015)