View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 02:48 AM   #1
Classyexec

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Default Some bad press about Pattaya Safety

I assume some wise and experienced Pattaya travellers have also seen the postings in Pattayapages, or pattaya-addicts...one of those "other" (certainly inferior to here) forums...about how, on a per capita basis, there are more murders, injuries, etc., to UK men in Pattaya than in any other vacation spot (and I assume what's "bad" for UK blokes is bad for Aussies, USA guys, etc.)

My question/request -- can someone comment on how dangerous (or not) it is to be a newbie monger, or an experienced monger, hanging out in Pattaya? I read all kinds of bad stories/reports about roaming pickpocket groups (of "freelancer" ladies/girls and young kids, even who have hit guys riding in the trucks (I forget their Patt names) that constantly circulate throughout the party area, about guys walking up to men along the beach road, pretending to be doing surveys, shaking hands and trying to pickpocket or otherwise steal personal data...etc. The loss of money doesn't bother me, but the sad stories about blokes getting injured/killed, etc, does.

Any comments?
thanks

Rich_
Classyexec is offline   Reply With Quote