View Single Post
Old 04-02-2007, 10:40 PM   #7
nosehair

Advanced Member

Shouts:

old crust....if I was to pick a team for you to follow I would pick the Chicago Cubs....they have been the "lovable losers" on Chicago's North side for many, many years...they have a huge fan base and should improve on last years dismal record after spending over $160 million USD's on free agents.

If you give it some time...baseball will grow on you. It's the only sport where you will see spectators reading the paper, knitting, sleeping, breast feeding, changing diapers, fighting and making out while the game is in progress....but everyone stops what they are doing when sumfin actually happens that effects the game.

Thanks for taking an interest.

mack....The Giants were always a fav team of mine. I used to get my family members into the bleachers at Candlestick for $1.00 each...we'd park the car, have a couple of frosty malts and only spend $20.00 for the whole outing (we'd bring all our food with us)...now you can't even park the car for $20.00 ....a day at the beautiful AT&T Ballpark is gonna cost you, including tickets and food and $10.00 for a F N beer , a couple of hundered.

And what ever you do don't buy a F N hat or a tee shirt 'cause that will run you another 30 bucks each .....but it's baseball...I'm glad it's back