View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 10:01 PM   #16
jonny

3k nerd club

Shouts:

Send a message via AIM to jonny

I think there is a 2008 office version about to come out torrenova but the 94 version is as good as any recent windows office version........well it does everything you need it to do anyway? I've got it on my mac and in 12 months I've not even opened it! Thats how much you need it!

Tom the graphics packages are good. When i used them on my windows machine i would usually have a few things open and it would just go slow and annoy me. The CS3 is great it just works like everything else really well. You'll have to learn a few shortcuts but basically instead of pressing ctrl plus shortcut key on a mac its the apple key and the same shortcut key. Then once you've got to grips with things like fn + F9 etc it starts to get really good. I'll never forget when the guy showed me mac osx for the first time the first thing he showed me was quiting apps. He opened up safari and by using apple + N opened up over 50 windows straight after each other in about 10 seconds. Then he said this is how you quit a prgram, he hit another shortcut key clicked his fingers and in the same time he had clicked his fingers all 50 windows were closed. No lag. no hanging. no thinking time just done and to prove it he opened up safari again straight away and did another 50 windows and quit them straight away.

btw chuck wao you can run windows natively on a mac no problem. I have mine dual booted and run my trading software on xp. It actually comes out of the box configured to run windows all you have to do is insert the windows disc. Apple knows its operating system is so much better than windows so are quite happy to let you run both. I've yet to see a windows system that lets you run mac osx......................
jonny is offline   Reply With Quote