View Single Post
Old 05-02-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
mack

Foot soldier- Woosie Army

Shouts:

What a great report and pictures Tom, thanks for taking all the time to put it on the board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusamile View Post
I wanna go, i wanna go,......but aint it dangerous down there ? I always seem to be hearing about bombings by the local miscreants down there and people getting killed or injured on a regular basis .... Where are the danger areas and how safe do you feel getting around ? I'd love to do a road trip down there as it does look beautiful , but im a little nervy about their troubles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
yusamile,

Betong itself is easier accessed from Malaysia. The road from Yala is an absolute nightmare hence my comments about it being remote. If you're down that neck of the woods (Penang/Butterworth) then it would be worth the trip. Betong itself is pretty safe though and the police/army presence was negligible.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yusamile View Post
Thanks Tom, will invest in a bullet proof vest and an armored ve-hicle grab a hostage and get on down there next time im in Phuket.
You'd probably have no trouble moving around the south of Thailand Yusamile . If you're the same as Tom (treating the Thais with respect, blending in and not drawing attention to yourself, etc.) you'd be safe there. Tom and I met once in Pattaya when we worked a successful undercover sting on watch vendors selling knock-offs at Royal Garden . As Tom was leaving to head back south, I was able to snap this photo of him (hope it's okay to post it here Tom)...

It's all about blending in with the locals, Yusamile.
mack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mack For This Useful Post:
foz (05-02-2010)