Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2021, 12:49 AM   #544
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

We have lost our main man. One of the pillars of the team. No Josh Hazelwood for Adelaide. Hopefully, Jhye Richardson will get his chance though Michael Neser also deserves a go after taking 7 wickets in the English Lions game.

Starc is still a passenger IMHO. Take away the first ball Burns dismissal and his match figures would have read 112/2.

There is still a lot of questions about some of the Aussie team. Harris needs to show something. Hoping that Head is not another one-hit-wonder. Warner was VERY lucky in Brisbane though they won't drop him. Sadly.

Young Green could be anything as long as he is not pushed too hard in these early years of his Test career though with the amount of Test cricket that Australia plays lately, he should be ok.

Poms should not be too downhearted. It must be a bastard being on the road these days living within all the CV-19 restrictions. At least they will have some warm sun in Australia. They face a tall order having to win at least two of the remaining four Tests considering that since the turn of the century, they have only won four Tests in Australia.

Stating the obvious I know but they gotta sort out their batting issues. Root can't be expected to do it all the time.

I have all the time in the world for Anderson & Broad but geez, they are not getting any younger. Their previous Ashes Tests results in Australia are not exactly stunning. Maybe I am wrong ( I usually am) but I reckon the Poms should stick with the three quicks that they used in Brisbane. I doubt that will happen though.

The Poms can also take heart knowing that Australia won the First Test in Australia last year against India but lost the series.

Plus there are also clowns like me that think that they may actually win

My usual Betfair $100 on England to win the Ashes in Australia

I should have waited until after the Brisbane Test. Can get 10s now

Dunghie (12-18-2021), ferocious (12-15-2021), Frankie (12-17-2021), kuranda_bagman (12-14-2021)