Thread: Racing Rambles
View Single Post
Old 10-24-2015, 10:32 AM   #14
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

WS Cox Plate on in Melbourne today. No idea who would win especially with three internationals in the race. Coolmore were back again after winning last year's race.

I thought the only mare in the race, Winx, was a false favourite as she had been winning against inferior opposition plus it was her first try racing anti-clockwise and also her first start on the tricky, tight Moonee Valley racecourse.

Started laying her on Thursday on Betfair and gave as much as $7.80. Still layed her up until this morning. I rarely lose when laying but got it wrong big time today. She started $4.50 and won by nearly 5 lengths. Cost me about $300 AU Would have been worse but I laid another in the race and it obviously did not win.

Not to worry. I will get it back. Melbourne Cup on again in about 10 days. Japanese horse, Fame Game is all the rage so I might just lay that. Plus it is usually won by an import or overseas bred these days so easy to lay the Aussie & Kiwi bred horses as well.

Plus all the UK jumps races on again. Some have huge fields so very hard to pick the winner. Look at race 6 at Cheltenham tonight. It has 18 runners. Of course I don't know any of these horses. I pick one or two at random around the 18-25/1 mark, lay them to lose about $500 and hope for the best.

Seriously, I won thousands doing this around 2003 but nothing is guaranteed. Gave it away when I started going back to LOS on my own in 2004. Blew it all on the Pattaya bar girls instead.

Still doing it in a roundabout way

kuranda_bagman (10-25-2015)