View Single Post
Old 04-18-2011, 08:29 AM   #24
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirkwood View Post
I really do not mean to insult anyone and I accept my views may be a little extreme.

However, you are posting on a Pattaya forum. I think it is highly unlikely anyone will meet a girl in Pattaya and be living in your shoes.
Most who marry will end up with an Issan buffalo and experience the things I'm talking about.

I respect you and your lifestyle. From what I've seen it looks great but again we are on a Pattaya mongers board. Do you really think the average bloke on here, is going to marry Noi he met in the beer bar and end up in the same situation as you?
Not a chance.
I met my wife while diving in Phuket and if I hadnt met her I would have been in the bars like everyone else. She had come down for a week (saved up holiday) to be with a friend who was marrying a dive master. They had fixed her up with his friend as she was a complete anglophile, speaks good English and a Liverpool supporter. She didnt like him as he was young and acted like he was gods gift to women. She sought refuge with me, a lot older and treat girls like they are all gods gift to men.
No one was more surprised than me at how and what happend. I was the right man in the right place at the right time and I wasnt looking for love.

The thing here is you keep talking about a Pattaya forum with the idea that it somehow consists of nothing but hardened sex tourists who will never be anything else.
The facts are quite different.

This is very relvent to newbies. Many men first come to LOS and to Pattaya as they have heard its a great place to party. Sure but after this experience it can go many ways.
They may stay at home and live for the next visit and the same bars.
They may like many do want to know about the real Thailand and not just the P4P scene. They may meet a girl they thing is different and she may well be.
Many girls from LOS try P4P (there are real reasons for this that dont include her being a complete slag).
I know many expats who have settled down with ex bar girls so they are certainly not imune. In fact most of them I know.

Whatever its good to have both sets of opinions on a board like this. You said so yourself now your saying there is rooom for only your opinion and experience (or lack of it). because its a Pattaya mongers board ??

I dont think your giving any newbies the whole story by along way and your extreme views of a whole culture and not condusive to giving real information. Thats my point.
I hope posts like mine and others address the balance.

The fact is newbies really do need to be careful as you imply, but treating all Thai's like shit (even your Gf it seems) is not the way to enjoy your time in LOS. Far from it.

Last edited by fearules : 04-18-2011 at 08:32 AM.
fearules is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to fearules For This Useful Post:
bell (04-21-2011), Frankie (04-18-2011), KeeNeow (04-18-2011), Mirkwood (04-18-2011), simie (04-18-2011)