Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2021, 12:34 AM   #549
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuranda_bagman View Post
Cummins out of the test due to covid - Bazza it looks like your worst nightmare with the VC to take on the captains role!!!

I can't watch Smith & Warner wearing a Baggy Green. I won't watch Australia playing Test cricket again until neither of them is in the Test side. I just keep up to date with the scores via my phone or computer. About a half-hour past the close of play, I watch BT Sports 1 where a few people in England sit around and talk about the day's play for about 45 mins. At the start, they play about 10 mins highlights of the day play which is enough for me. After that, there is a 90 mins highlight package of the day's play which I sometimes watch.

I also listen to the BBC's Test Match Special with Jonathon Agnew & co who do a daily podcast summing up each day's play. I have been listening to these for as long as they have been published over the internet. More than 20 years, maybe? I wish the Australian ABC would do something similar. Maybe they do on their Grandstand network.

Australia at tea on the second day was 7/390 odd. I have never known them to bat so slowly. Why, as it goes against the grain of the way Australia normally plays. Day/night Test? Taking up time so England cannot win? Protecting their two new fast bowlers somehow? Very strange.

Anyway, play on the 3rd day starts soon. England has it all to do. If they lose this Test, the Ashes (and my money ) are gone

BTW, my man Mitch scored a 60 ball 100 in the BBL the other night. He is ready and waiting for his Test team recall

Last edited by bazzap : 12-18-2021 at 12:38 AM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to bazzap For This Useful Post:
Dunghie (12-20-2021), ferocious (12-18-2021), Frankie (12-18-2021), kuranda_bagman (12-19-2021)