Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 12-26-2020, 11:00 PM   #505
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Well, obviously, as an English gentleman I am going to pick holes in this. Australia first dig all out for 191, 2 batsmen (sorry should be batters these days so as not to upset the split arses) scored 120 of them. FFs thats a truly shit effort.

When chasing next to fuck all Australia lose 2 wickets and one of them a run out!! Over the two innings thats 284 runs for the loss of 12 wickets. Thats piss poor. Fuck me next Ashes series Jimmy Anderson will have to bowl left arm round just to make a game of it.

Bowling stats ignored for obvious reasons.

Embarrassingly bad batting again on Boxing Day in Melbourne by the Australians. Smith hasn't fired a shot (should be taken out the back and hung, drawn & quartered but that's a separate issue ) When he fails, so does nearly everyone else. How Burns keeps getting picked is beyond me. Wade is not a true Test batsman. Just a journeyman that failed before yet somehow is back in the team. Warner being injured has not helped but he is coming to the end of his Test career anyway. The South African lad keeps on performing. Thank fuck. Numbers 7-11 are cast in stone for the time being but they are not the problem

Plenty of blokes were scoring lots of runs in Sheffield Shield but we don't play that again until February while the cash-cow Big Bash is on. Every day and twice on Sat and Sundays. Admittedly, it is good to watch but nobody gives a fuck who wins. There is no loyalty with these private enterprise branded "teams". It's all about money and TV ratings.

The biggest problem for the Australian Test cricket team is probably the Australian public who support their team. It is the #1 sporting team in the country by a country mile. It is said that the Test cricket captain is 2nd only to the Prime Minister which is probably true. I have no idea who the current deputy prime minister of Australia is but I can always tell you who the current Test team is. People of my generation had it drummed into them. When a Test or Sheffield Shield game was being played, the cricket was being broadcast on the radio whether at home or in the car. I distinctly remember staying up late at night listening to Bobby Simpson scoring 311 at Manchester in 1964. It was the same throughout my working life. If cricket was on the radio, then that was what was heard in the workshops, on the job, in the office and smoko rooms or in the work car especially in the 70s,80s and 90's. It is in our blood.

Australia has won more Tests than any other country. It has the highest winning percentage of Test wins of any country. They are expected to win every time they take the field, especially when playing in Australia. Losing and failure are not tolerated. Draws are seen as a lost opportunity and nothing honourable about them.

The pressure on players to perform is immense. When Pat Cummins gave Cameron Green his Baggy Green cap last week, he simply said "When you wear this cap, you represent 25 million Australians"

Worth a watch

Makes you wonder how they are the #1 Ranked Test Team at the moment. Changes are required if they want to stay there.

JMHO

Last edited by bazzap : 12-26-2020 at 11:07 PM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bazzap For This Useful Post:
ferocious (12-27-2020), Frankie (12-27-2020), kuranda_bagman (12-27-2020)