Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2014, 10:40 PM   #36
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by old crust View Post
They are not too far away. Need to sort out who opens with Cook, Robson's not a test opener and may never be. Not sure Butler is good enough as a keeper and obviously we need a spinner. I will be interested to see how Patel the Middlesex slow bowler develops, he is the best prospect I have seen this season.
IMO Robson is too fond of poking at balls that are outside the line of off stump.

Buttler: With his keeping I cant decide if he is quite capable and understated or if he has never been put under any real pressure. One day keeping does not compare to Test level. Anyway we will find out if he plays a couple of Tests. Hopefully he can also consistenly score runs at Test level.

On the subject of keeping. MS Dhoni. He fumbles and blunders through a Test match but seems to hang on when it matters as with his leg side catch of Cook when standing up. But his clumsiness when dealing with basic throws from fielders is unbelievable. Blocks with pads and often spilling the ball. Theres no tidying up, he has the ability to make good fielding look piss poor.

Plus I think his captaincy is often poor, tends to cruise along waiting for something to happen. Today Ashwin is not picked, yet again, but Dhoni then has spinners operating from both ends. IMO Dhoni exists on his impressive IPL expolits which mean very little in Test match cricket.

England spinners. Cant answer that one. Think its on a wing and a prayer, or on the piss with Monty Pannesar.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (07-29-2014), foz (07-28-2014)