View Single Post
Old 07-28-2012, 11:37 PM   #52
Bilbobaggins

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
Bill, talk of a move to England has disappeared. I don't think it's an option, at least not just now.

Motherwell are in the Champion League qualifiers representing Scotland. I'd be surprised if, off the top of your head, you could name any Motherwell players. You can see now why I'd like a move to England !

England doesn't need the Old Firm. The Police wouldn't like it either. Whenever there are preseason friendlies with English teams, there always seems to be trouble. Sky TV might like it but they don't have enough power to get it through.

At this moment in time, Rangers are weak and miles off the standard of top flight football in England. They do however have a massive support and I'd think in time if given the chance they could rise in England to be an outside contender. Would you not like to see the Old Firm in England ? In Scotland Rangers can pull in 50,000 and Celtic 60,000 for home games and that's just against the pish up here. If it was Man U, City, Liverpool etc coming up here they could be massive.
If you ever come to English football, and I have shifted position a bit after talking to friends, you should start in the evostick league or whatever it is these days.

I agree that it would be good for you lot to be here in the English Leagues, but with your country trying for independence (which I would grant you immediately by the way) I can't see how it's going to happen.

Again though, I would HATE to see Celtic and that vile ginger cunt Lennon (who happens to be a City fan I will add) prosper. I despise everything that club stands for.
soi 2 (07-28-2012)