roamer

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by soi 2 View Post
29th August

By Jim Murphy MP

I’m enjoying the ‘100 Streets’ tour.

I’ve met many ‘yet to make their mind up Scots’ on the street corners and shopping centres across Scotland.

When I started this I thought the dangers of 100 Street public meetings would be Scotland’s summer and the occasional Nationalist heckler.

Something else is now happening. What started as individual passionate Nationalists having their say has changed into angry mobs coming along to make sure no one else has their say.

This is not about someone throwing an egg – that’s part of the sometimes messy pantomime of politics.

Yes Campaign are now organising a mob atmosphere at our street meetings. It’s coordinated, determined and increasingly aggressive.

I’d rather be debating the currency, pensions and armed forces instead of dealing with accusations of being a traitor, quisling, terrorist and defender of paedophiles.

It doesn’t frighten me – it’s not aimed at me.

These meetings are public discussions about politics and, at their best, they are passionate and entertaining. People who’ve never been to a political meeting in their lives stand there holding their message, in their shopping bags and debating politics.

It’s great to see that thousands of people are taking part.

But undecided voters who ask genuine questions are being interrogated by Yes Campaigners.

Undecided voters are also being filmed by myriad of nationalist websites.

There is a difference between not being in control of a handful of idiots that every political movement has and actively organising the disruption of events that makes aggressive behaviour more likely.

We won’t be silenced and undecided voters should not be intimidated.

But we have taken the decision to suspend the tour for 72 hours.

We have sought police advice on crowd and staff safety and further training on personal safety. We have also been forced to rotate some of our staff out of the tour.

We will give Yes Scotland time to call off their mobs.

Today, Better Together Campaign Director Blair McDougall has written to Yes Scotland Chief Executive Blair Jenkins urging him to act.

All comers are welcome but there’s a difference between a crowd and a mob.

I have no problem with robust argument but there’s a mob mentality being orchestrated on our streets and at our meetings.

The blame for this lies at Yes Scotland’s door and they should stop this mob mentality and do it today.

The video is worth a watch on this link.

http://bettertogether.net/blog/entry...nding-his-tour
Thanks for that and although you and a couple of other people have mentioned how harsh the campaign has become,watching that video clip really visually showed it.

It seemed to me somewhat sad to watch such hate.

Debate yes but that was a farce.
roamer is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to roamer For This Useful Post:
soi 2 (08-31-2014)