View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 05:25 PM   #18
fearules

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom View Post
I think that probably reflects your choice of lifestyle in Thailand and who (and where) you choose to hang out with more than anything else. I can assure you, no-one is watching me (or anyone else where I live) 24 hours a day.

Or, you're just paranoid.

My mother visited Thailand for a month in November/December and spent a few days down south (it was the rainy season). I mentioned she was visiting to the regional head of immigration, who I know as an acquaintance rather than as a friend, and when she checked-in at her hotel in Had Yai there were two bottles of champagne waiting for her. They were from the same guy. Nothing was asked for, or expected, in return.

Likewise, the guy who looks after my motor-bike. Getting him to accept any payment for routine maintenance jobs is impossible - I have to buy a case of beer from the duty free now and again and dump it on him and his guys.

I could go on and on about the kindness I encounter on a daily basis, from all sorts of people. From the girls in the bank, the guy who runs my local Khao Phad stall, the security and maintenance guys where I live, the guy who makes sure I have cheap satellite TV, the girls at the local 3BB shop who make sure I have decent internet, all the staff at my local 7-11, the guy who valets my truck.

Maybe you should be asking why you have all the problems that you do, rather than just blaming someone for those problems.

Which begs the obvious question. It's certainly different - maybe that's what you can't handle.

Nah, you sound just like you did the week you arrived here.

Sheesh, you maintain that the Thais are all a bunch of thick cunts, but it's you who can't even use the bank or post a fucking letter.

I heard David Cameron muttering something recently about immigrants being unwilling to integrate but I thought he was talking about Blackburn, not Bangkok.

Isn't the lovedog character who penned the OP the same guy/knob who thinks all Thais should speak in English if he's picking up the tab when eating out and suffers from impaired hearing, but only when people are speaking Thai.
Good post.

I am so pleased someone on this board has had some similar experiences to those I have had. The very fact shows all the posts made that denigrate all Thai people are really based either on poor experinc or racist attitudes.

I hope its the former.
fearules is offline   Reply With Quote