Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2023, 07:00 PM   #613
Frankie

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Baz I think that soft shite sort of talk just reflects mainstream Society in the UK. Nearly everything is done on a touchy feely basis with the belief that a hug will cure anything. Can't verbally criticise anybody as that would be classed as bullying, things would be even worse if the person complaining was of ethnic origins or a member of the LGBTQ community or whatever it's fuckin called. Basically England have blown the Ashes because they've followed this pathetic mantra and not dropped players, but instead have allowed them to struggle on and hopefully come back into form. I sometimes wonder if Stokes thinks he has to become a Modern Man now to atone for past misdemeanours.

I was watching BBC Breakfast this morning and the leading story was that Englands women football team might reach the last 16 of the World Cup. Unlikely the mens football would get the same billing but the women's football is classed as highly important. Ashes are way down the list, lucky if their given a mention on BBC.

Last edited by Frankie : 07-28-2023 at 07:08 PM.
Frankie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Frankie For This Useful Post:
bazzap (07-28-2023), ferocious (07-29-2023)