Thread: Kuala Lumpur
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2012, 04:01 AM   #4
tom

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbobaggins View Post
I recall Mirky going there a little while back, anyone else been?
I might join you for the game ... if I can get tickets through my Astro satellite guy.

The game is being played at the National Stadium in Bukit Jalil, just outside of KL - absolute luxury compared to The Etihad. The stadium is served by the light railway system. It's not a good idea to stay in Subang (presumably thats what Mirky is calling Sabeng, although the main airport (KLIA) is in Sepang) unless you're flying in/out on Firefly, IMHO.

Loads of hotels around KLCC/Golden Triangle and the Petronas Towers in the centre of KL and it makes it easy to get around on public transport which is dirt cheap. I would use a site such as combinedhotels.com to search for hotels and filter it down to 4/5 star places in KLCC. Anything less than 4* can be a bit of hit and miss in Malaysia, so I'd want to have a look at the accommodation before committing. I get staff rates at the Interconti, but the Corus Hotel provides a good balance of price, quality and location. KL taxis, like 2/3* hotels ... I avoid them if at all possible.

If you have a TG, drag her along - the main clubs along Jalan P Ramlee (Beach Club, Ibiza etc) are likely to be packed with guys in town for the game and girls' prices are sure to be jacked up accordingly. P4P wouldn't be on my list of priorities - save your cash and have a Nuru threesome when you get back to BKK ... There are various room service providers if you do fancy a Chinky though - you're looking at 4k Baht for 3 hours with a Thai, Filipina or Indonesian and around 500 Baht more for Chinese (mainland, not local). Reduce the prices by 50% for a 60 minute fix.

Last edited by tom : 05-25-2012 at 11:11 AM.
tom is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tom For This Useful Post:
Bilbobaggins (05-25-2012), simie (05-25-2012)