bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

No longer #1

Quote:
Black Caviar surpassed in world ratings
Nic Ashman
Tuesday, 3 May 2011

Champion sprinter Black Caviar has been surpassed as the world's number one racehorse following Frankel's astonishing victory in the Group I 2000 Guineas (1600m) at Newmarket on Saturday.

The Henry Cecil-trained son of Galileo strode out to a 15 length lead mid-race and maintained the pressure throughout leaving his opponents gasping for air when recording a five length victory.

The run elevated Frankel's Timeform rating to 142, the number one position in world racing.

He remains unbeaten after six starts and sits equal fourth on the all-time ratings ahead of See The Stars (140) and Mill Reef (141).

Sea Bird II remains the highest rated runner of all-time on 145.

Black Caviar achieved a rating of 135 when she smashed a quality field in the Group I Newmarket Handicap carrying topweight of 58kg.

The Peter Moody-trained mare is now rated the second best horse in the world.

Makes you wonder how they work these ratings out. Frankel seems to be a great horse but he has only had 6 starts all against his own age and is rated right up with the best ever???? Same with Black Caviar. Only had 12 starts and is unbeaten and has won 5 Group 1s but all her runs have been between 1000-1200 metres

I could reel off a list of Aussie and Kiwi horses that have far better overall records than either Frankel or Black Caviar as I am sure all the northern hemisphere blokes could as well.

Maybe some-one can explain it to me coz it certainly has me stumped.

Last edited by bazzap : 05-03-2011 at 04:32 AM.
bazzap is offline   Reply With Quote