View Single Post
Old 08-25-2011, 09:21 PM   #4
soi 2

Advanced Member

Shouts:

Craig Whyte is the new owner of Rangers. Unfortunately he's not a billionaire doing it for a hobby. He's a businessman who thinks he can make a profit somehow up here. He's spent a fair bit already wiping out Rangers debt. Money was announced to be spent on players. I can't remember how much but apparently a lot of that has gone on salaries for long term contracts for key men in the team like Davis and McGregor.

Some money has been spent though, Wallace for 1.5 million from Hearts is good. Bocanegra ex Fulham and US captain signed along with Bedoya another American and McKay, player of the year in Australia. These guys have still to come into the team so there is some hope for the season ahead. But we're talking small money compared to the Premiership.

As poor as the league might seem sometimes. At least it was entertaining last year with the added frisson of death threats, referee's going on strike, foreign refs coming in, Neil Lennon's outbursts and the Old Firm games.

Yeah I remember the good old days well. Terry Butcher, Chris Woods, Gary Stevens and later Trevor Stevens and Gazza. Apparently Craig Whyte likes Butcher and if McCoist goes soon he's lined up to take over.

Personally I like McCoist and don't envy the terrible position he's in with no money and massive expectations. Hope he gets more time.