Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2024, 01:16 AM   #648
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Well, the IPL circus starts tonight (Thai Time). The only show in town for the next two months. Totally innocuous to me. The same as all the other T20 leagues around the world. You can add the T10s and Hundred as well. Actually, I have never watched a game of the "Hundred" because it has no appeal to me.

The IPL tv coverage seems to be getting copied everywhere now. Screaming commentators (EVERYTHING is fantastic, tremendous, superb), 3 or 4 crowd shots after every ball, every ball is replayed etc etc. Does anybody give a fuck who wins or loses?

It is all show. Just "entertainment" like a circus. It is a play thing for the owners of the franchises and for the players, it is only about the money which is understandable.

No wonder why Daryl Mitchell is playing in it

This, after losing two Tests against Australia recently

That's up there with Harry Brook's "moral victories" and just about anything that comes out of Ben Duckett's mouth. "We can chase down anything" and then proceeds to lose by an innings and 64 runs.

Even Ben Stokes is still on the happy juice

From the BBC website after the recent series loss to India

" We're very disappointed, but write this team off, write me off at your own peril."

"The media use the name Bazball - everyone says 'What is it?'," said Stokes. "In my opinion it's wanting to be a better player. In the face of defeat and failure, Bazball will hopefully inspire people to become better players and become even better than what we are."

May I suggest that Stokes have a look at the current Test Championship ladder?

Yes, I am being selective with these quotes but they did say it.

Maybe Mitchell wants a "participation" medal like the kids get?

To most Australian cricket followers, they would probably find all this gibberish totally laughable. Especially to the older generations like me.

There is only one acceptable result from a game of cricket. No matter how you get there as long as it is within the rules.

Rant over

On another subject, I somehow missed this from last year

Australia is no longer alone in losing a Test after enforcing the follow-on

We welcome the Poms to a very select club

ferocious (03-24-2024)