View Single Post
Old 06-15-2007, 11:34 AM   #3
Fork Handles

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamer View Post
Good post.
I would second the recomendation of arranging airport to Pattaya transport beforehand.

Before I knew any better I used the awaiting taxi mob at Don Muang,maybe just unlucky but took too long to actually get a taxi and one time the driver didn`t even know where Dynasty Inn soi13 was!

Could be wrong here but I believe Jan charges 1600bht from the new airport to Pattaya,having dropped the previous 2000bht rate from the old airport,still more expensive than the others but IMO a good service,knows Pattaya well and is a pleasant person to chat to,making the run down to Pattaya fly by,good safe driver as well.

Mr Dang I had not heard of(thanks), I gather from the comment that you can use his service for visits to other places(e.g. to get to the place where you catch boats to samet) while based in Pattaya yes?
Thanks for the update Roamer. at 1600 I'd say Jan is good value...2000 was a bit OTT, IMHO.

Same thing happened to me, I had to show a driver from DM how to get to soi 13, but I forgot about the one-way. Ended up lugging my bag to the hotel.

Mr Dang has the taxi stand at the top of soi 13, outside the camera shop. His prices can be negotiated, I like to beat him down and tip the driver the difference. eg, he wanted 800 to go to Nong Nuch, wait 3 or 4 hours and come back. We settled on 500 (still not cheap, but I'm a lame dupe) and I tipped the driver 300.