Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2023, 12:02 AM   #620
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazzap View Post

Look out for Aaron Hardie when he makes the Test team. Only a matter of time. Another fast bowler allrounder. Just as good as Cameron Green and another Western Australian. He scored 174 no in last year's Sheffield Shield final and also opens the bowling for WA. Currently wowing them in the Big Bash. He also plays for Surrey. Yes, he was born in Bournemouth but I won't hold that against him.

Hopefully he and Lance Morris are wearing the Baggy Green in the near future

I wrote that back in January this year. My man, Aaron Hardie, along with a couple of others, is about to play his first game for Australia tonight Thai time. Not Test cricket but a T20 in South Africa.

Gotta start somewhere.

From Cricinfo

Quote:

Aaron Hardie

Mitchell Marsh, Cameron Green and now Aaron Hardie. Australia are being well served by allrounders from Western Australia. Hardie has pushed his claims strongly with red and white ball. Initially it was in four-day cricket where he caught the attention, hitting an unbeaten 174 in the 2021-22 Sheffield Shield final against Victoria to steer Western Australia to the title.

Although he struggled to quite hit those heights last summer, he struck a century for Australia A against New Zealand in April. However, he also had a breakout campaign in the BBL for Perth Scorchers where he was the tournament's leading run-scorer having found a new home at No. 3. His pace bowling is useful with a first-class average under 30.

A new-look Australian T20 side with many of the regulars either rested or injured.

Mitch Marsh is the captain!!

About time. Australia has finally started picking new players. Hopefully, they will perform on the bigger stage

ferocious (08-31-2023), Frankie (09-01-2023)