View Single Post
Old 06-20-2015, 07:25 AM   #9
BigBadSi

2k No Life Club

Shouts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferocious View Post
As far as England go we've only turned up in 2 tournaments since I can remember 90/96 with Italia 90 being the best of the 2 but that's water under the bridge and rarely watch England now only club football now and the 1980's was by far the best period in time for me
The Sven days weren't bad mate , but I'm saying that with hindsight, Portugal 04 out on pens we had a very good team some would say we should have won it again with 2002 and 2006 we bottled it in 2002 against Brazil, and again Portugal penalties and a last min disallowed (perfectly good goal ) from sol Campbell the famous Urs maier denying us. I think since 06 we have been dire ,shocking and at times flattered to deceive.

Can remember watching something on Italia 90 lineker buffing the fact that we were excellent then, he notes we qualified 2nd in our qualifying group behind Sweden. And we struggled to beat every team in the WC . He said they battled well but weren't as gifted as other tournament teams.

As for the premier league WW I meant in respect of teams not scowering places like Honduras and filling their teams with mid rate foreigners.

Last edited by BigBadSi : 06-20-2015 at 07:34 AM.
BigBadSi is offline   Reply With Quote