Thread: Cricket Rambles
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2024, 10:33 PM   #643
bazzap

Super Moderator

Shouts:

Some bits & pieces.

In recent years, Bazza's party trick if I am discussing cricket with someone, is to ask if they know who has the 2nd best batting average in Test cricket. Nobody ever got it right. The answer was Adam Voges' at 61.97.

A couple of times, Smith and Labuschagne have gone past Voges but have not been able to maintain that average

Now we have a new kid on the block. Young Harry has moved past Voges. And look at his strike rate!! Nearly a run-a-ball

I have always had the understanding that Test averages were based on a minimum of 20 Tests so this list from Cricinfo does not reflect that. Still, Harry is doing okay so far. An upcoming tour to India may test him but good luck to the lad.

I thought someone might have mentioned that the only reason Australia won the recent World Cup was that they had a Pom (Josh Inglis) in their side

Now the Perth Scorchers have taken it to a new level.

This is their winning batting scorecard from a couple of nights ago. Guess where every one of these blokes was born?

Is Test cricket on its last legs?

South Africa sending a 14-man Test side to New Zealand with 7 uncapped players including the captain. Likewise, the Windies with 7 uncapped players in their squad are about to face Australia. These are WTC matches for fucks sake.

These teams will probably perform better than expected but still.

Both "series" are only two Tests. Same as the recent South Africa/India Test "series".

T20 of course is the culprit. And it will only get worse if the rumour of a 2nd IPL backed by Saudi money to be played in an October "window" comes to fruition.

LIV Cricket anyone?

Frankie (02-09-2024)